Sunday, March 22, 2009

Waiting for SPM results was something that I will never ever forget

Last week(12/o3/2009) , was SPM day. I got a younger brother who got his results last week, and a causin who also got his STAM (Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia) too. And they both passed with flying colours..hurray! Eh alhamdulillah la patutnya..haha.

My causin and a smaller + chubbier version of Husayn

Anyway I remember mine which was around 4 years ago. I remember expecting to fail English since I really sucked at English and I usually don't have the motivation to even make myself understand all those equation. Did you know that before SPM I have never even passed my English exam, how bad is it. My older brother taught at the same school as mine but she did not teach me (she did teach my class once for 2 months when I was in Form 4 though!). I got SAP (which equals to flunk) for all my Form 4 exam. During Form 5 I took extra subject which was Pendidikan Seni to avoid that SAP thing and I studied that subject by myself, no tuition whatsoever. Kehkeh.

My favourite subject? Mathematic and History of course. I got confused a lot when I learned Science which was why I avoid from going into Science stream at all cost. I also ponteng a lot on the days leading to SPM just because I want to study at home. Haha. In fact a few times I came to school, and then I went back through the back gate at 9am, and this is all done while my older brother was at school of course. And I did inform his everytime I want to cabut... Kehkeh...

On SPM day I was a wreck. I cannot imagine how my mother would react, relatives and teachers and friends. But I got over my wreck as soon as I saw my results. Whoopee! I even passed my English though it's not exactly A1, but I was so grateful that I screamed at my English teacher "Teacher, I passed my English!" and then hugged her. The icing on the cake was hearing my father speaking proudly on the phone to some relatives of mine (I was pretending to be asleep! Haha) about my SPM results. And to hear my father praise because of good exam results are so very rare! Haha...

I guess, SPM day was indeed a day to remember. But then I think if you don't do so well, it's not the end of the world either!

No comments: